Growth Mindset Activities and Posters

YET: Such a tiny word with such powerful message! Encouraging my kiddos to have a growth mindset since I first heard about this idea has been important to me. So in my continued hope of fostering "yet" attitudes in my classroom I shared this activity from @brownbagteacher. I started by reading Giraffes Can't Dance. Then we used a circle map to brainstorm ideas about things we can't do YET. After the reading my students used this graphic organizer to write their own individual response. They had some very funny responses and some that just touched my heart. I love it when they share so openly! One of my fav funny ones says: "I cannot do a backflip on my bed. But I can practice every time I wake up in the morning." After a few lessons on the power of YET, I am already seeing differences in their attitudes about things they can't do YET!! And guess what?!! They are already using YET in their sentences all the time!! #proudteachermoment                            

Take a look at how I set it up!!


If interested, you can find all the handouts I used with my kids in my TPT store. Click on the picture below to see the resource.



No comments

Post a Comment